REQUESTS


16 March 2012

Philip Glass: The Voyage - An Opera In Three Acts

Classical | EAC, FLACs, CUE, Log | 2 CD, Booklet | 741 MB CD Date: June 20, 2006 | Orange Mountain Music
“From the beginning of my work on The Voyage, I had decided that the opera would be a celebration of the spirit of discovery. Of course, the occasion for the commission from the Metropolitan Opera was the 500th anniversary of the arrival of Columbus in the New World. However, my intention was to shift the focus from the man himself to the imagination and dream that animated him.
I've never felt that "reality" was well served in an opera house. And I think this is even more true when the subject of the opera is based on historical events. Surely those with a taste for historical facts and documentation would be better served in libraries where academic research is presumably reliable and readily available. The opera house is the arena of poetry par excellence, where the normal rules of historical research need not be applied and where, in the world of artistic imagination, a different kind of truth can be discovered.”
Music by Philip Glass Libretto by David Henry Hwang based on a story by Philip Glass Dennis Russell Davies, conductor Soloists and chorus of the Landestheater Linz Bruckner Orchester Linz TRACKS: DISC ONE 1. Prologue 10:11 2. Act I, Scene 1 04:08 3. Act I, Scene 2, Part 1 07:46 4. Act I, Scene 2, Interlude 06:06 5. Act I, Scene 2, Conclusion 04:49 6. Act I, Scene 3 16:58 7. Act II, Scene 1 09:37 DISC TWO 1. Act II, Scene 2 29:33 2. Act III, Scene 1 09:45 3. Act III, Scene 2 10:18 4. Act III, Scene 3 and Epilogue 26:48
I'm beginning here to resurrect some of the works that "disappeared" from Avax or were "abandoned" from the original uploaders. There's not a real thought behind it, I'm just cleaning up my HDs and following the wind. What I downloaded long ago is flowing back. All credits go to the first uploader. Enjoy...

No comments: