REQUESTS


19 October 2012

Trio Settecento: An Italian Sojourn


Easy CD-DA | APE + CUE | Covers | 400 Mb
Date CD: September 4, 2007 | Cedille Records | 70:00

Depositfiles - - Filevelocity - - Filefactory

What a difference a decade makes! In 1996, John Mark Rozendaal, David Schrader, and I collaborated on a recording of Handel’s Violin Sonatas. We enjoyed working together so much that in 1997, we formed Trio Settecento. This album, An Italian Sojourn, represents the culmination of ten years’ growth for us as individuals and as an ensemble.

In 1996, I recorded Handel using a modernized 1617 Amati and a baroque bow. My interpretations on that album combined a historically-informed approach to phrasing and ornamentation with a contemporary application of vibrato. This continues to be my approach when performing a Baroque sonata alongside Romantic and 20th/21st Century works on my 1742 Guarneri del Gesu.

However, my exploration of the sound world of the 17th and 18th Centuries has evolved significantly. In 2002, I began performing this music on a 1770 Nicola Gagliano in original condition. This beautiful instrument has had a remarkable effect on my capability to be faithful to the early composers’ intents and to bring their music most fully to life. 
Rachel Barton Pine

tracklist:


Castello: Sonata ottava in D minor
Stradella: Sinfonia in D minor
Marini: Sonata a due in D minor
Locatelli: Sonata da camera, Op. 6, No. 2 in F Major
Corelli: Sonata in C Major, Op. 5, No. 3
Tartini: Sonata Pastorale in A Major
Handel: Sonata in G minor, HWV 364a
Veracini: Sonata in D minor, Op. 2, No. 12

Trio Settecento

Rachel Barton Pine, Violin
John Mark Rozendaal, Violoncello
Davis Schrader, Harpsichord


I'm resurrecting here some of the works that "disappeared" from Avax or were "abandoned" from the original uploaders. There's not a real project behind it, I'm just cleaning up my HDs and following the tide. What I downloaded long ago is flowing back. All credits go to the first uploader. Enjoy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!+

swamielmo said...

very good album , thank you