REQUESTS


05 October 2012

Le Lacrime di Eros


EAC | FLAC tracks | Covers | 509 Mb

Date CD: February 12, 2012 | Alqhai Alqhai | 56:45


Alqhai & Alqhai wrote me a mail and kindly asked me to remove the links to their works. That I did. 
But there's a chance you can listen to their astounding work at their site, so pay them a visit. Alqhai & Alqhai

(…) It is not surprising that this mixture of pain and pleasure became so highly appreciated by mid 17th century Italy, at the same time exultant and prudish, outshining though fading away. According to the Catholic Counter-Reformation ideas, there was no pleasure without guilt, nor delight without punishment. True Love can only be but the reward to soul torturing. Its sweetness increases with the bitterness of previous suffering. Carnal Love is the forbidden drug, hence mysterious and irresistible, ever-lastingly desirable. We will see it served in all possible tastes: delightful in Landi; woeful in Bovicelli; joyful in Frescobaldi; hopeful beyond hope in Monteverdi; piquantly erotic in the image of Mary Magdalene standing by the Cross. (…)
Juan Ramón Lara

tracklist:


1. Amanti io vi so dire by Benedetto Ferrari, 1597-1681
2. Sonata sopra l'aria di Tordiglione by Salamone Rossi, c.1570-1630
3. Gioite oh selve, oh venti by Girolamo Frescobaldi, 1583-1643
4 Damigella tutta bella by Stefano Landi, 1590-1639
5 Liquide perle Amor by Luca Marenzio, 1553?-1599?
6 Liquide perle Amor by Vicente Parrilla / Luca Marenzio
7 Toccata per B quadro by Francesco Maria Bassani, fl.1620-1622
8. Ancor che co'l partire by Richardo Rogniono / C. de Rore, c.1555-1620
9. Io son ferito ahí lasso by Giovanni Battista Bovicelli / G.P. da Palestrina, fl.1594
10. Sinfonia Grave by Salamone Rossi, c.1570-1630
11. Maddalena alla Croce by Girolamo Frescobaldi, 1583-1643
12. Sonata V by Salamone Rossi, c.1570-1630
13. Novello Cupido by Biagio Marini, 1594-1663
14. Improvisation on the Ciaccona


I'm resurrecting here some of the works that "disappeared" from Avax or were "abandoned" from the original uploaders. There's not a real project behind it, I'm just cleaning up my HDs and following the tide. What I downloaded long ago is flowing back. All credits go to the first uploader. Enjoy...

3 comments:

Alqhai & Alqhai said...

Hello once again.

I'm afraid I have to repeat my message a week ago... We like you like our Cds, but please remove these links of our CDs, that are available at store.alqhai.com!

Thank you,
Juan Ramón Lara (Alqhai&Alqhai)

Toutatis said...

And I'm afraid you didn't read the post. The only link is the one to your store.

Regards.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I owe you an apology! I read it too quickly! ;)
A&A