REQUESTS


02 May 2012

Philip Glass - Minimal Piano Works Volume 1


Classical, Soundtracks | Easy CD-DA, FLAC tracks
1 CD, Cover, Booklet | 214 MB
CD Date: 1999 | Piano Productions | Brilliant ReEd


“In my concert career I have played a lot of minimal— or minimal related music. Pieces by John Adams, Steve Reich, Simeon ten Holt and Arvo Pärt are favorites on my repertoire list. Philip Glass is an eccentric composer, and for some reason I had never played his pianomusic, until last year when I did several concerts in The Netherlands. It was a real eye-opener. The music is so sensitive and pianisticly written. It is a joy to play and perform Glass.”


Music by Philip Glass
Jeroen Van Veen, piano
Jeroen Van Veen plays on a Yamaha CFIII Concert Grand Piano.


TRACKS:

METAMORPHOSIS
1. Metamorphosis One 6:48
2. Metamorphosis Two 8:30
3. Metamorphosis Three 4:27
4. Metamorphosis Four 6:03
5. Metamorphosis Five 5:53

MAD RUSH
6. Mad Rush 15:03

WICHITA SUTRA VORTEX
7. Wichita Sutra Vortex 8:34

OPENING
8. Opening (from Glassworks, arr. Van Veen) 11:09




I'm beginning here to resurrect some of the works that "disappeared" from Avax or were "abandoned" from the original uploaders. There's not a real thought behind it, I'm just cleaning up my HDs and following the wind. What I downloaded long ago is flowing back. All credits go to the first uploader. Enjoy...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not simply rename the blog
the philip_glass_blogspot ?

Anonymous said...

Why not simply more Philip Glass please?

Anonymous said...

Philip Glass & Robert Wilson – Einstein on the Beach Nonesuch (1993)
Estaría muy bien.